2SBW is a capacity building project funded through Women and Gender Equality Canada's LGBTQ2 Community Capacity Fund Program.
Our project focuses on building up the organizations internal capacity to engage with community, build organizational structure, and create strategic and financial plans to provide long-term stability for our work.
Individual project goals include:
1. Enhancing our board of directors through training and recruitment
2. Creating advisory councils and circles to inform our future endeavours and the services we provide to our community
3. Creating a strategic plan
4. Creating a long-term financial plan
5. Creating a province wide network of 2Spirit and Indigenous LGBTQQIA+ led and serving organizers and community members
Our Spirit Name, 2Spirits Walking Gently was given to us by Elder Charlotte Nolin. This name will guide us in our work as we grow and engage with communities across Manitoba.